MTN Nigeria Job Vacancy for Switch Power Manager September 2010
MTN Nigeria is the leading company in the telecommunication industry in Nigeria. MTN Nigeria provide quality services like GSM, Broadband internet, Fixed Wireless Service etc.
MTN Nigeria required the services of a qualified personnel to fill the following vacancy:
Position: Switch Power Planning Manager
Employment Status: Permanent
Reporting To: Senior Manager Power Planning
· Required definition of new and upgraded facilities.
· Plan and provide design guidance to consultants and contractors for new facility implementation
· Ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures of MTN in Power implementation.
· Contracting and contract management.
· Carry out design and dimensioning of power systems (DC, clean power, standby power and cooling systems).
· Oversee the review of switch M&E upgrades to guarantee timely delivery to meet the business objective.
Ensure adequate design for maintainability, including generation of necessary maintenance documentation, manuals and drawings.
Maintain accurate M&E system records for all MTN technical and non technical facilities.
Supervise and accept installation done by contractors / supplier
Planning design and construction of Main Switch Center (MSC) commercial building and other facilities pertaining to the system and equipment as follows:
- Power Source (PHCN)
- Electrical reticulation
- Distribution boards
- Earthing system, surge suppression and lightning protection
- Air conditioning
- Rectifiers, Batteries and DC/DC converters
- Standby generators
- UPS system
- System environmental conditions
B.Sc. Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution Project Management courses. Membership of recognized technical/professional society/organization
Eight (8) years experience in design, implementation and maintenance/management of power/cooling systems.
Three (2) years in Engineering Management in a telecommunication environment
Job Conditions: Normal MTNN working conditions. National and International travel Valid drivers license. On stand by 24/7 through out the year.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through the link below:
Click here to Apply for Job
Closing Date: 20 September, 2010
88 total views, 1 today