Oando Plc Job- Sales Support Assistant Bulk Products October 2010
Oando Plc Nigeria recruiting Sales Support Assistant Bulk Products
Oando Marketing’s Commercial department unit requires suitable qualified internal candidates to fill the Sales Support Assistant Bulk Products position
Position: Sales Support Assistant Bulk Products
The Sales Support Assistant – Bulk will be responsible for providing administrative and related support to the Bulk Products Manager and the Commercial Branch Managers in meeting their volume and margin targets for Bitumen & LPFO and also for VMI customers.
The Sales Support Assistant – Bulk also provides technical support to Bulk Products Manager in executing management strategies that ensures increase in profitability of all Bulk product sales by monitoring, collating and analyzing sales forecasts, market trends, competitors’ activities and customer preference.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Business/Market Share Development
• Ensure a comprehensive and up-to-date database of information on all Specialty Customers & prospects is maintained at all times.
• Provide comprehensive and detailed information to customers on OML’s specialty products business activities, and the Company’s VMI service offerings.
• Plan and hold periodic discussions with Commercial Branch Managers their specific business and product requirements, towards developing a sales plan that will enable the Commercial Business Unit meet those needs.
• Develop strong relationships with internal service providers (e.g. supply and distribution staff, finance and other marketing teams) to facilitate the provision of high quality products, prompt and efficient service to specialties and VMI.
• Handle customer enquiries and complaints with urgency; immediately refer issues/decisions requiring higher-level discussion or approvals to relevant personnel while maintaining customers’ satisfaction.
• Conceptualize, develop and make suitable recommendations for the introduction of sales and account management strategies that will help generate additional business opportunities from existing and new customers for VMI and Specialties.
• Support the Sales team to prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high volume VMI customers and to increase sales of specialty products in the regions.
• Collate and monitor weekly sales plan for specialty products and provide weekly sales forecast for specialty products.
• Indentify weekly supply requirements for all regions.
• Ensure all discounts are approved by the BPM.
Business Management & Performance Reporting
• Prepare regular analytical reviews of sales performance in relation to budget and competition
• Support the BPM in the preparation of weekly and monthly sales and operational reports by providing data required for reports promptly; at all times, ensure the accuracy and completeness of data provided and reports submitted.
• Provide market intelligence of the prevailing operating environment to determine the company’s areas of strength and weakness and identify emerging opportunities/threats; ensure analysis covers industry/competitor analysis/benchmarking (pricing, suppliers, customers, existing and new product, business growth patterns), market analysis (trends, technology) etc.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the BPM from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Quality of report rendered
• Quality of reporting tools developed
• Timeliness of report generation
• Tightness of project monitoring
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A good University degree.
- Minimum of 3-4 years post graduation and relevant experience,.
- Must be computer literate
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Product and general Downstream business knowledge
Sales and Marketing skills
Research and Business analysis and intelligence skills
Basic accounting, reporting (sales and marketing) and analytical skills
Advanced PC Utilization (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Integrity and honesty
Good Oral & Written Communication
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidate should apply online
Closing Date: Tuesday 12 October 2010
159 total views, 1 today