Latest Job for Marine Contract Manager
Job reference n°: NGA0500
Sector: Maritime – Nigeria – Western Africa
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading marine offshore company to recruit an expatriate Marine Contract Manager.
The Company is currently operating a large fleet of vessels in West Africa.
The Marine Contract Manager will have the responsibility to manage vessel contracts.
This role will require the management of a range of corporate contracts including the development of new contracts and extension of existing contracts; with a focus on risk and value, to ensure procedural compliance and the objectives and requirements of the company are met.
The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
- The Marine Contract Manager is responsible to maintain and increase Client intimacy through strategic relationship with Client’s management based on a clear understanding of Client’s needs, vision and strategy.
- Maintains excellent communication and provides a professional, courteous and effective interface with clients’ teams.
- Provides regular feedback to fast crew boat management on the status of changes in Clients’ business, requirements, organization and competitor status and activity to ensure that business opportunities are fully exploited.
- Shall meet with existing and prospective clients to develop deliverables for new contracts.
- Responsible for getting support documentation needed for invoicing in a timely manner.
- Reviews, approves and signs monthly invoicing prior to submission.
- Attends monthly Contract Management meetings with Clients and update monthly Client ‘Action Plans’ using minutes of meetings and action taken during the month.
- Follow up with internal departments within the Group to ensure items noted in Action plans are closed out.
- Follow up in conjunction with Finance department of outstanding payments from clients.
- Read, review and make necessary comments on new CPs and Contract documents with a view to protecting the interest of the Group.
- The contract Manager will dedicate a substantial amount of his time to the training of his deputy so that in a reasonable length of time the Deputy can handle the full responsibility of contract manager.
- As soon as appointed the contract Manager will submit a training plan for his deputy to the DMD and Deputy HR Mgr in her capacity of Head of Training.
- Periodical assessment on training progress will be performed.
Qualifications et experience
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) and/or previous contract experience within industry / maritime sector
- Should possess marine experience as a seaman preferably
- Experience in project management for turnkey or service or Oil & Gas industry of 5 to 10 years
- Experience of contract management
- Have excellent communication & negotiation skills at all levels and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Familiar with ISM, ISO, and experience of working in a service industry environment
- Leadership skills
- Honest and hardworking
- High proficiency in MS Office applications
- Team oriented and outgoing
- Excellent command in French will be a plus
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should Click here to apply
85 total views, 1 today