Latest Government Jobs- Bayelsa State Govrt is Recruiting
The Federal Government in conjunction with International Development Association (IDA) is preparing a program of support to some selected states on youth employment, access to socio-economic activities and expenditure management. Bayelsa State Government is a beneficiary of -the proposed (IDA) Assistance. The objective of the program is to enhance opportunities for youth employment, access to socio-economic activities and to strengthen public financial management systems in the participating states. To support project preparation and implementation, Bayelsa State Ministry of Finance and Budget, which is responsible for coordinating the project at the state level, wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the position of Project Coordinator (PC). The PC will be appointed on a full time basis through a competitive process.
JOB TITLE: PROJECT COORDINATOR
The objective of the project is to enhance youth employment, access to socio-economic services and improve public expenditure management systems.
The Project’s components are (a) Youth Employment (b) Training and Skills Development and (c) Community Driven Development (COD) and (d) Public Financial Management (PFM). www.naijajobslink.com It will support youth employment program that aims to actively engage youths in productive employments, especially in small public works and agro-business-The project will leverage support on ongoing training and skills development activities and initiatives in the participating states. Through the PFM component, support will be provided to Bayelsa State Government to strengthen the effectiveness of the public expenditure management system, especially fiscal planning, budget preparation and execution based on strategic priorities and investment planning.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should possess a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration and related fields with not less than 12 years post qualification experience or post graduate degree with 8 years working experience. 2-3 years cognate experience in project management would be essential and knowledge and experience in managing World Bank/IDA projects and/or similar programs would be an advantage.
For civil servants, candidates must be at the Directorate cadre and will not be expected to be working in the supervising Ministry of the Project i.e. Ministry of Finance and Budget. Candidate must have excellent ICT skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other related packages. Candidate must be able to work under pressure with tight delivery schedules; be a good manager and team player.
The responsibilities of the PC will include but not limited to:
- Head and manage State Project Coordinating Unit (SPCU) to be located in the Ministry of Finance and Budget.
- Responsible for the day to day management and oversight of the project and ensure effective and efficient project implementation to achieve the project development objectives.
-These will include (a) ensuring compliance with guidelines and procedures of IDA/World Bank; (b) liaising and working with the State Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU), State Project Steering Committee (SSC), the National Project Coordinating Unit and IDA/World Bank Task Team to ensure successful project implementation; (c) Provision of technical support to the implementing Ministries/Agencies and facilitate the work of consultants and contractors;
- Preparation of annual work and procurement plans and quarterly reports to the National Project Coordinating Unit (NPCU) and the SSC
- Responsible for the overall coordination of the project;
- Provide secretariat for the State Steering Committee (SSC) and the State Technical Committee;
- Supervise, mentor and guide project staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to facilitate project implementation.
- The PC will report to the Commissioner for Finance and Budget and quarterly to the State Steering Committee (SSC) and the National Project
- Coordinating Unit (NPCU) in accordance with the provisions of the project implementation manual and appraisal documents.
Salaries are attractive and negotiable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be addressed to the
Ministry of Finance and Budget,
Treasury Headquarters, Yenagoa.
The deadline for submission of application is 31st March 2011.
Application should be submitted in decuple (10 copies). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
175 total views, 2 today