Nigerian Army Recruitment for Direct Short Service Commission 2011
ADVERTISEMENT FOR DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE
CORPS AND SERVICES
2. Applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the NA:
a. Medical Corps.
(1) Medical Specialists. Applicants must possess MBBS degree or its equivalent and Post Graduate/Special qualifications. Preference will be given to Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, ENT Surgeons, Radiologist, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, Psychiatrists and Anesthetists. www.naijajobslink.com
(2) Medical Doctors. Candidates must possess MBBS or MBCHB degree registrable with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council.
(3) Dental Surgeons. Candidates must possess BDS degree registrable with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council.
(4) Pharmacists. Applicants must possess at least BSc Pharm/B Pharm and must be a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria.
(5) Physiotherapists. Applicants must possess BSc/B Physiotherapy and must be a member of the Institute of the Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy.
(6) Medical Laboratory Scientists. Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Medical Laboratory Science and must be registered with the Institute of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology of Nigeria.
(7) Medical Image Scientists. Applicants must possess BSc in Radiography and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(8) Clinical Psychologists. Applicants must possess MSc in Psychology and must be a registered Clinical Psychologist.
(9) Dieticians. Applicants must possess BSc Dietetics.
(10) Nursing Officers. Applicants must be registered Nurses. Applicants with BSc Nursing or other specialization will have added advantage.
(11) Bio-Medical Engineers. Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Bio-Medical Engineering and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(12) Optometrists. Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Optometry and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(13) Occupational Therapists. Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Occupational Therapy and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
B. Directorates of Chaplain Services/Islamic Affairs. Christian applicants must be ordained priests with BA in Theology while Muslim applicants must possess BA in Arabic and Islamic Studies or Shariah Law. Each applicant will be required to produce testimony of excellent character by a reputable religious organization in Nigeria.
C . Education Corps. Applicants must possess BA, BSc or B.Ed degree in Mathematics, English, French, Arabic, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science or Introductory Technology.
D .Directorate of Legal Services. Applicants must possess LLB and BL and must have been called to the Bar, legal experience/court appearance will be an added advantage.
E.Band Corps. Applicants must possess HND, BSc or equivalent in Music with L.R.A.M and A.R.C.M.
F.Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of first degree or HND in Electrical, Mechanical, Avionics or Production Engineering registrable with NSE and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
G.Engineers Corps. Applicants must possess HND, BSc or MSc degree in Architecture, Quantity/Estate/Land Surveying, Building/Structural Engineering, Geographic Information Systems or Cartography.
H.Supply and Transport Corps. Applicants must possess HND or BSc in Catering and Hotel Management. A good working experience will be an added advantage.
I.Directorate of Army Physical Training. Applicants must possess HND, BSc in Physical and Health Education.
3. An applicant must fulfill the following:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be male or female between the ages of 22 to 35 years for both serving personnel and civilians.
c. Be medically and physically fit.
d. Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
e. Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
f. Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit.
g. Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
h. Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
4. Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years service, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
5. All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training.
6. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except fully registered Medical Doctors, Architects, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degree in fields relevant to individual service who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
7. The following will apply:
a. All applications are to be made online.
(1) Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Oceanic Bank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500 Application Fee to the Cashier.
(2) Logon to www.nigerianarmyms.org
(3) Read the Qualification Criteria and select either Short Service Combatant or Direct Short Service.
(4) Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
(5) Login to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.
If you have any problems, Use the Contact Us link on top.
Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application. Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-card to the selection board during the interview.
8. Applications close on 30 May 2011.
9. For further information, you may call the following lines 07061869929, 08023800632, 07030383908, 08061572286 08060294492, 09-8709668 and 09-8734009.
support lines: 01-7339334, 07026936166, 07092426991
You may also visit www.nigerian-army.org
Department of Military Secretary
279 total views, 6 today