Latest Jobs Vacancy for Programme Officer At Forward Africa
Job Title: Programme Officer: Adolescent and Reproductive Health Programme
Forward Africa is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team to implement an adolescent and sexual reproductive health programme.
The desired candidate will be educated to a postgraduate degree level with a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project cycle from identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The candidate will also have demonstrated experience of working with young people and an understanding of development and health issues.
- To assist in the development and administration of all FOFA programmes and projects.
- To synthesise programme outputs, outcomes and lessons for the production of pragmatic reports and technical papers, articles, newsletters and other relevant documentation.
- To assist in the drafting of funding proposals to ensure the future of specific programmes including approaching potential donors and maintaining donor lists.
- To develop and maintain relationships with partner organisations and liaise with public bodies and other non-state actors and CSOs.
- To attend external meetings/workshops/seminars of NGOs and other stakeholders as appropriate in order to raise profile for FOFA’s work, learn from others, influence others.
- To carry out
administrative and financial tasks such as making applications for grants and other sources of funding, managing budgets, gathering data, preparing reports, database management and undertaking general clerical and administrative work to meet the needs of the organisation;
- To carry out other appropriate work as requested by the Programme Manager.
- Relevant experience, working with an NGO/development organization.
- Relevant University Degree in social sciences or development
- Strong analytical and proposal writing skills, as evidenced by proof of having written successful proposals.
- Good representation skills – with ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, E-mail and Internet).
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong commitment to working and promoting the rights of rural communities.
- Capacity to be flexible under challenging conditions, particularly tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to all parts of the country as and when required.
- Postgraduate degree in the social sciences or development related discipline.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Method of Application
Apply by submission of a CV and
covering letter (max. 2 pages) Using APPLY BUTTON below or by post to Forward
Africa, PO Box 3543 Owerri, Imo State. Your application should clearly detail why you believe you are suitable for the role using the person specification requirements.
Application deadline is Friday 8th July 2011
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview following the application deadline with expected start date as soon as possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of the closing date then you will not have been selected on this occasion.
Forward Africa is an equal opportunities employer.
124 total views, 2 today