Oil and Gas Jobs- Oando Nigeria Recruits Manager, Engineering
Vacancy Title: Manager, Engineering.
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2011
The position incumbent reports to the Head (T&E) and is responsible for overseeing & co-coordinating all OML engineering functions; including the design, construction and maintenance of Architectural and Engineering structures and Equipment of Retail Network, Plant/Terminals & other installation. In addition the Manager Engineering is responsible for end to end cycle of Engineering Projects and Services Policy articulation in line with the strategic imperatives of the organization, identification and analysis of the technical business support needs and overall effective management of all Engineering activities.The position incumbent has the on-site supervisory responsibility of ensuring hitch free Plant and Depots operational activities at all locations nation wide through effective formulation of Maintenance Policy / strategy plus Technical guidance to the Technical Services team with prompt Engineering Project delivery.
TASKS, SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate policies and procedure for process control and utilization of company Facilities and Equipment
- Ensure that all Managers and Unit heads / Engineers within the Department have agreed objectives, performance reviews, coaching and appraisals.
- Prepare, agree and manage the operating budget for the Engineering Department
- Understand future business needs, prepare and implement Engineering Department strategy to meet those needs.
- Responsible for the liaison with all of the internal customers to agree service deliverables.
- Engineering service standards compliance management
- Customer Service standards compliance management
- Engineering Supply Chain Management
- Oversight responsibility for the end-end life cycle of all projects and activities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1st degree in Engineering
- Professional membership is an advantage
- Minimum of 9 years experience in oil and gas downstream engineering projects and maintenance, at least 3 of which must be in supervisory or equivalent role in a reputable organization.
- Must have proven direct participation in FEED and execution for at least 2 major engineering projects valued at min. N50m each.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Architectural & Engineering Design Interpretation
- Engineering material, costs & Specifications
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- >Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant Equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective immediate local environment, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Organization/Administrative competency.
- Relationship Management
How to Apply
58 total views, 1 today