Oil and Gas Jobs- Oando Nigeria Recruits Terminal Engineer/ Shift Maintenance Engineer
Vacancy Title: Terminal Engineer/ Shift Maintenance Engineer
Date Published: Sep 7, 2011
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2011
The Terminal Engineer (TE)/Shift Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the functional availability of all operating equipment and infrastructure within Oando’s terminals and plants under his jurisdiction.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and maintain systematically aggressive maintenance crews in the terminals to ensure hitch free loading activities.
- Maintain regular service program for all terminal and plant equipment in order to maintain maximum possible efficiency of the equipment.
- Monitor the efficient and correct use of all equipment within the terminal.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Crew adheres strictly to Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Participate in the FEED of all engineering projects related to the terminal or plant.
- Ensure adequate monitoring and supervision of projects in the terminal/plant.
- Recommend and generate reports for the phasing out of obsolete equipment as necessary.
- Identify problems of equipment that militate against optimal production processes and proffer solutions.
- Ensure the use of competent contractors for jobs beyond the ability of the maintenance crew.
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports to the Manager, Engineering via the Technical Services Engineer.
- Advise Terminal or Plant on technical issues.
- Raise Work permit as a necessary prerequisite before the commencement of jobs.
- Ensure prompt completion of all maintenance and project works in the terminal or plant with minimum disruption to loading operations.
- Promptly prepare necessary documents for payment of contractors’ bills.
- Coordinate Bitumen receipt activities.
- Certify that all completed contracts and jobs within the terminal or plant meet the required statutory and industry standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1st degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Professional Accreditation is an advantage
- 3 – 5 years cognate experience within the Oil & Gas industry
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
§ Ability to diagnose engineering problems of terminal equipment
§ Ability to communicate and interpret Engineering / Technical jargon.
- Oral & Written Communication skills
- PC Utilisation ( Excel, Word , Power Point etc)
How to Apply
99 total views, 2 today