Oil and Gas Jobs- Oando Nigeria Recruits VMI/LPG Warehouse Engineer
Vacancy Title: VMI/LPG Warehouse Engineer
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2011
The position incumbent reports to the Technical Services Engineer and is responsible for ensuring optimal availability of all VMI/LPG/Warehouse operating assets OMP’s plants, VMI sites, LPG Plant and Warehouses according to industry standards and regulations at the appropriate time.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and utilize Terminal & Retail maintenance teams (compromising of the BPMs & Terminal technicians) maintenance teams) to ensure hitch free operations.
- Maintain regular service program for all VMI/LPG& Warehouses equipments in order to maintain maximum possible efficiency of the equipments.
- Monitor the efficient and correct use of all equipment within VMI Sites/LPG Plants & Warehouses.
- Ensures that maintenance/projects activities adheres strictly to Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Prepare FEED document for all engineering projects related to VMI Sites/LPG Plants & Warehouses.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, supervision and reporting of all VMI Sites/ LPG Plant & Warehouses projects. Identify problems that militate against optimal availability of equipments, proffer solutions and recommend the phasing out of obsolete equipments when necessary.
- Ensure the use of competent contractors for jobs.
- Generate weekly and monthly maintenance reports to the Technical Services Engineer & upload same into the portal via http://portal/compnew/marketing/eng/Engineering.
- Advise VMI/ LPG & Warehouse teams on technical issues.
- Raise Work permit as a necessary prerequisite before the commencement of jobs.
- Certify that all completed contracts and jobs within the terminal or plant meet the required statutory and industry standards & prepare necessary documents for payment of contractor’s bills.
- Undertake hands-on calibration and certification activities for gas and liquid measurement systems for VMI/LPG & Warehouses facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 1st degree in Engineering
- Professional membership is an advantage
- Minimum of 5years maintenance experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience of fluid flow measurement and instrumentation projects, in particular the requirements for metering calibration and verification.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical
- application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying necessary principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the process of calibration.
- Ability to diagnose engineering problems of terminal equipment.
- Oral & Written Communication skills
- PC utilization ( Excel, Word , Power Point etc)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant standards, codes and specifications for calibrations of vertical tanks, underground tanks, flow meters, weighing scales, weighing bridges & other equipments.
- Team playing
How to Apply
111 total views, 2 today