Maersk Nigeria Latest Recruitment
– , Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
Apapa Container Terminal is the largest container terminal operator in West Africa.
Posted: 11/2/2011 Expires: 11/25/2011 Ref: 60517
APM Terminals Apapa Limited is seeking a qualified and experienced . This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. The right candidate’s primary objective remains responsible for all Commercial activities of the company in Nigeria including further development of the value proposition at the terminal, accountable for the delivery of yearly targets as well as strategic positioning within the market.
The position reports to Managing Director and will be a member of the terminal management team.
Responsible for the commercial department and will oversee functional areas within commercial including the development and implementation of , and customer service strategy, client management within Container Terminal , new development initiatives/projects and corporate communications.
• Develop and lead the commercial Department ensuring a highly efficient and driven team in the areas of , customer management, development and communications.
• Ensure the terminal and its senior management team remain commercially focused, and solution driven across all functionalities.
• Ensure TSA/SLA are established where considered effective and manage maintenance of overview of these contractual relationships between the terminal customers, contract frameworks contract standards and tariff structures.
• Manage the development and execution of the strategy for Landside customers.
• Responsible for commercial budget preparations; monitoring and establishing strategic plans in line with agreed annual targets.
• Secure immediate business targets, and develop mid-term, long-term targets of the company in line with the annual targets and master plan/expansion of the Container Terminal.
• Meeting and exceeding agreed overall revenue and container volume targets for securing new customers and existing customers.
• Develop and enhance an effective customer management and retention program with other key stakeholders including the operations department.
• Managing customers accounts/portfolios and ensure client satisfaction while enhancing and building a wide business network with the shipping industry locally and internationally.
• Represents the company in local and international industry conferences/events to build and maintain client relationship.
• Manage contractual relationships between the terminal and customers; contract frameworks; and contract standards, tariff structures.
• Develop and execute marketing programs, including plans to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, volume, profitability and market share. Analyse marketing programs and adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and profitability.
• Drive business development of new projects and/or expansion of the terminal in coordination with regional/HQ business development.
• Manage overall communications including branding requirements, handling of Port Public relations activities and prepare press releases (Media) and regular update on various developments.
• Responsible for the City office and Legal claims.
• Extended responsibility for developing and maintaining sustainable relationships with the Port Authority, Customs, Trade and Manufacturing organizations, Government agencies and Ministries.
• Appropriate tertiary qualification.
• Senior level commercial/business development experience in terminals or line management.
• Requires considerable experience in direct marketing/sales experience in transportation or related industry. Must have approximately seven (7) to ten (10) of direct supervisory and managerial experience.
• Negotiation and contract experience with shipping lines.
• Ability to negotiate and build relationships on all levels across diverse cultures. Experience with diverse business cultures is an advantage.
• Ability to deal with conflicts while maintaining the terminals best interest at all times
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
• Must have fundamental knowledge of transportation industry, sales methods and practices, trends, and customers.
• Must be familiar with best practices in the industry, with respect to marketing, sales and business development.
• A truly international working environment in a modern working location
• Value and team-based leadership
• An open and engaging working environment
• A wide range of international career opportunities
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
• Competitive compensation packages
This position is an expat position, based in Apapa, Nigeria.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Soren Iversen, Head of Human Resources, Apapa on Soren.Iversen@apmterminals.com
About the company:
APM Terminals offers the global shipping community a geographically balanced, integrated Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network which includes 55 operating container facilities in 34 countries with 16 new terminal development or expansion projects underway, along with 131 Inland Services locations in 49 countries. Staffed by 22,000 professionals across 64 countries and spanning five continents, we serve every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry. APM Terminals has been a major part of the development of the container shipping industry, and it is a role and responsibility we do not take lightly. Originating as Maersk Line’s terminal operating arm, APM Terminals was established as an independent division within the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group in 2001, moving its corporate offices from Copenhagen to The Hague in 2004, and reporting results as a separate business entity within the Group as of 2008. Dedicated to setting the industry standards for efficiency, safety and sustainability, it is our goal to Earn the Customer every day, at every port facility and every location throughout the APM Terminals Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network.
68 total views, 1 today