GE Oil & Gas Company Latest job Vacancies in Nigeria for Customs and Compliance Leader
Job Title: Customs & Compliance Leader, Europe & Africa Job
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1470033
Business Segment: Energy Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Postal Code: AB23 8GD
At GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Unleash your imagination and help GE power the future with innovative solutions. Together we can make tomorrow’s world extraordinary!
The main objective of the customs & compliance leader is to guarantee that all GE O&G Europe & Africa import/export operations are performed in a timely, cost effective and compliant manner.
The role involves working in a global team and reports directly to the Regional Logistics Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of strong experience in Customs Operations in Europe & Africa with particular focus on African Countries (Angola, Nigeria and Egypt)
- Previous Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead implementation of complex project as well as manage teams effectively.
- Demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple project and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels functions: able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate using English
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Strong PC skills with working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
Main Tasks and Activities:
- Provide advice and project leadership in the development and implementation of Customs regulations, and other government agency requirements affecting imports in the region, for purposes of assuring lawful and cost-effective import operations.
- Interface with global suppliers and customers to communicate and implement Customs requirements.
- Translate into customs operating procedures customs requirements applying into the region.
- Interview and select national Customhouse brokers.
- Manage brokers to facilitate compliant Customs entry declarations on behalf of business; audit broker’s operation for compliance and integrity on behalf of business divisions.
- Lead execution of complex customs import transactions into African countries to guarantee on time delivery and overall client satisfaction.
- Monitor regulatory changes affecting Customs requirements into the region and translate changes into operational procedures. Conduct training as required for company employees in the region.
- Act as first point of contact in the region to escalate Customs red flag.
- Cooperate with International Trade Team in the resolution of customs compliance red flags, customs audits, customs internal reviews.
- Identify opportunities for Customs duty/tax reduction in the region and lead the implementation of customs programs such as Authorized Economic Operator (AEO), centralized customs clearance, simplified procedures, customs regimes etc.
- Customs Compliance experience
- Proven track record of success implementing complex project in the region
- In country customs operational experience in one of the African Country such as Nigeria, Angola
- Strong organizational, inter-personal skill and demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Ability to work within a matrix organizational environment
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situation, This includes continuing to preserve and remaining calm in a challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Clear Thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific action with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on the vest available information, and communicating clearly and concisely
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the link below to apply
59 total views, 1 today