PriceWaterHouse Coopers(PwC) Nigeria Recruits for Assurance (IFRS) Positions
Assurance (IFRS) Positions
We are seeking to strengthen our Assurance practice in Nigeria office and we would like to recruit ambitious, highly motivated and dynamic Managers and Senior Associates with IFRS experience. The selected candidates will work with multi-disciplinary assignment teams.
Manager – Job Description
The candidate will be expected to:
Manage a portfolio of IFRS engagements. This will involve planning for assignments, managing staff, adhering to assignment delivery requirements, managing the assignments profitability and maintaining effective client communication. For the assigned portfolios, manage the related net investment in clients to ensure that it is within the set targets
- Participate in business development initiatives that will involve identifying appropriate opportunities for the firm and preparing proposals that are consistent with the firm standards
- Manage team of employees on each assignment and will be expected to motivate, inspire and appraise them
- Undertake practice management roles within the firm and participate in coaching and mentoring of less experienced staff.
The manager candidate should have a minimum 7 years accounting practice experience, past experience in a Big 4 or leading national firm is a plus. The candidate should have management responsibilities, ACA or equivalent qualification, strong International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting knowledge, strong project management background, strong analytical and decision making skills as well as good interpersonal and communication skills. Confidence in liaising with and influencing a variety of stakeholders at all levels will ensure their success. Experience of IFRS conversions and implementation in businesses is an added bonus.
Senior Associate – Job Description
The candidate will be expected to:
Understand and apply PwC’s methodology and risk management processes
- Design and agree assignment terms and scope in line with PwC standards and procedures
- Perform tasks and IFRS compliance review of more complex financial statements areas
- Assessment of organisation’s internal controls and recommending value adding improvements
- Preparation of high quality reports
- Review of financial statements
- Manage project teams including the coaching and development of subordinate staff
- Provide honest and timely feedback to staff
The senior associate candidate should have a minimum of 4 years practical accounting experience or external audit experience in a Big 4 or leading national firm, ACA or equivalent qualification, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting knowledge, ability to communication clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships, a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions, excellent team working skills and a flexible approach when faced with new challenges.
What can we offer you?
We offer unrivalled opportunities with an exciting and varied client base. Our training, on the-job learning and development programmes are tailored to your needs. We focus development effort on your softer skills areas as well as more technical knowledge and experience, enhancing your personal development as you progress within the firm.
If you are interested and meet the requirements of any of the position, please visit our website www.pwc.com/ng/careers to apply online. Closing date: 12 January 2012
94 total views, 2 today